Perfect for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner. This fun dish will serve you plenty of fiber, protein and spiciness! (To your liking of course.)
- 250g of egg whites - 120 cals/ 27.5g P/ 0g F/ 2.5g C
- 2 full eggs - 143 cals/ 12.6g P/ 9.5g F/ 0.7g C
- 1 large zucchini - (will vary) approx. 38 cals/3.2g P/ 0.8g F/ 4g C
- A sprinkle of cayenne pepper - n/a
- 1/4 cup of sorghum flour - 109 cals/ 2.6g P/ 1g F/ 23.2g C
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil - 60 cals/ 0g P/ 6.8g F/ 0g C
- Grate zucchini on a cheese grater to get the "hash" look
- Take a paper towel, wrap up the grated zucchini and squeeze over top of sink to get as much water out as possible. This is to prevent your patties in becoming soggy.
- Mix the grated zucchini with the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Add the sorghum flour and mix until the mixture reaches a paste like substance.
- Sprinkle as much or as little cayenne pepper you desire into the mix.
- Dribble the olive oil into a pan over medium heat on the stove.
- Pour some mixture into the pan to create a mini pattie shape. Let cook until both sides look golden brown, but not burnt. Flip pattie as often as needed.
- Repeat number 7 until all mixture is gone. Serves 5-6 patties.
This recipe can also be enjoyed with Tabasco sauce or Frank's Red Hot.
Bon appetit :)