This month’s Recipe of the week is the FIRST brainchild of the MTMM Test Kitchen! With many of our community members competing in the open and upcoming competitions, many consults have revolved around immediate pre game time fuel up.
Kat’s advice: About 2- 3 hours before it’s time to work, ingest a slow releasing carbohydrate such as a yam, sweet potato or serve of brown rice. Follow this up 45-60 minutes prior to activity with a fast releasing carbohydrate such as the recipe below. This is ideal for short, sharp bursts like the Crossfit Open Workouts or a Max lift attempt.
- Almond Meal x 1 cup (or 1 ½ cups pulverized almonds)
- Medjool Dates x 200g
- Dried Apricots x 250g
- Flaxseed Meal x 37.5g
- Lemon Zest x 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice x 1 medium sized lemon
- Shredded Coconut x 1/3 cup
- Add the dates and apricots into a food processor and blend roughly
- Add Almond Meal and continue to blitz
- Once combined add in lemon zest and juice. Blitz.
- Add in flaxseed meal and shredded coconut and again, combine.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper and smooth out mixture.
- Allow 3 – 4 hours to set in the fridge
- Cut, consume and ride the lightning!
Macros: Above recipe serves 18
- Cals: 132
- Protein: 3g
- Carbs: 20g
- Fats: 4g
Try snacking on 2 – 3 serves, 45- 60 mins prior to workout!